This is my desk which ranges from tidy to complete chaos depending on what is going on that particular day.
Recently, I have been sent little things from talented people, who lovingly hand make their beautiful designs.
I really admire people for having the get up and go to follow their dreams and I wanted to give them a little mention below in the list of things that are currently sitting on my desk.
- Notebooks. I’m always buying attractive looking ones which sometimes I don’t need at all. But it’s their covers that get me. Here I have about four-five different ones.
- Handmade pop-up cards that were sent to me all the way from Australia. They make all sorts of wonderful cards for special occasions and sell them online and at boutique markets. See more on their site here
- My new fun owl pencil and pen holder from Anthropologie, always great for quirky office accessories.
- A handmade 3D heart collage from two 17 year-old friends Ali and Lisa based in Birmingham and sold from their etsy shop here . They have just started out selling these for £5 and hope to sell lots more. Sweet.
- Livingetc - my favourite interiors magazine and one I buy religiously every month.
- My beloved parker pen.
- There’s always a random piece of jewellery sitting on my desk, always – this statement necklace is one I bought from Stella & Dot because of it’s lovely vibrant orange colour. It has brightened up so many outfits.
- Fresh flowers – I always try and keep a vase of these on here – just because they cheer me up every time I sit down to do a task.
This gallery contains 4 photos.
Whether in clusters or splattered about in a painterly fashion, floral prints are blooming huge this Spring- Summer. Add some edge to the feminine print by mixing textures such as leather and distressed denim. Or go the whole girly hog, … Continue reading
In Ireland there is a great saying – ‘The Long And Short Of It’ – it means basically I’m going to tell you the shorter version of a longer story.
Well, the same applies to this post – I’m advocating the short. Perfect for day time or heading out for dinner. Black tights make this look less intimidating to wear and can be dressed up and down.
If you are over 20 (maybe a lot over 20) the most flattering shorts to wear are one with a slightly longer leg and a high waist like these ones from Zara.
Posted in Outfits
Tagged shorts, Zara
These are a reinvention of the classic tongue chair from Heals – gorgeous.
Isn’t it always the way when you are looking for something particular, you can never find the right one. But when you are not the least bit interested – you come across oodles of the things – a bit like that waiting for buses lark.
I’ve been keep my eagle eye out for a while now for the perfect bedroom chair as the finishing touch to a recent revamp and these two are my firm favourites.
The tongue chair from Heals is gorgeous and if money was no object I would go for the light pink one (£845) which is divine.
Taking cost into consideration, the cone one from Cox and Cox (£199) is probably going to be it !
It has been a very exciting morning indeed ! I’m in the process of getting my website for my new personal styling business – ‘Inspired Personal Styling’ designed, and I’ve spent the morning getting my profile picture for the new site taken by the very talented photographer Jay Rowden who works in London and overseas.
Jay, who specialises in creative and modern wedding photography, and is also a dear friend and neighbour has such a great talent for capturing special moments in people’s lives.
I’m very excited to have had my photograph taken by him and can’t wait to see the end results. Above are some examples of his wonderful work and check out more on his site here
This gallery contains 6 photos.
Finding yourself leaning towards the more pale and interesting this month ? You are not alone. Pastel shades such as pale pink, mint green, baby blue and soft lilac are already taking up wardrobe space with the fashion forward. A … Continue reading
Often it can be difficult to find that balance between too dressy and too casual. This is my answer for a weekend day when you are off to meet friends, or out for a shopping trip.
Coloured denims are a great way to add interest to a jean look and metallic shoes are right on trend this season. (these ones from M&S are unbelievably easy to wear).
I wasn’t feeling very well this weekend, caught a bug from my one-year-old, but popping on these jeans helped me feel better much quicker.